What is a “Cookie”?
A computer "cookie" is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and is stored there when you visit a website. A Cookie can also help identify the device you are using for example a PC or Mobile Phone
Cookies are used by most major websites to give you the user the best possible experience and use out of a website
What are Cookies used for on the WDS website?
- Protect your security
- Tailor your visit to the site
- Save your personal preferences when on the site
- Keep track of products in your "shopping trolley"
- Give you access to Free 3D and 2D models
- Improve our service to you
How long will the cookie(s) be on my computer?
The cookies used by WDS are known as "session cookies". These are normally deleted at the end of each visit that you make to our site
How do cookies affect me and the WDS website?
You can freely visit the WDS website without using a cookie however one is required to use the following services:
Actions available on the website with either with or without cookies
- Browse and view products on the WDS website
- View technical data, details drawings and products photos
- View prices online
With cookies you can:
- Customise your visits with a personalised welcome
- Add extra delivery and invoice addresses to your online account
- Add products to your basket and
- Place orders online, either by credit card or on your off-line credit account (subject to status)
- Review past orders and simply repeat them when necessary
- View 3D and 2D models
- Download 3D and 2D models in any current format free of charge
Without cookies you may not:
- Customise your visits with a personalised preferences
- Place orders into your online basket
- Place order online
- View 3D or 2D models
- Download 3D or 2D models
If your browser permits it, you may set your computer to reject our cookies although this may affect the quality of your visit to our site, for example, it may take longer for your computer to display any page of our site and all of the fore mentioned functionality will not work. Therefore we recommend you do not disable cookies.
The following methods are recommended by each respective developer / provider how to disable / enable cookies should you wish to:
How to manage cookies in Internet Explorer*
How to manage cookies in Firefox*
How to manage cookies in Chrome*
How to manage cookies in Safari*
*WDS holds no liability or responsibility for any information which is held or recommended on external websites and /or any loss which is incurred upon following said directions
What happens if I just delete Cookies?
You may delete all of your cookies using the developer’s instructions, however you will be required to register / log-in upon every time you visit the site to have full benefit of the facilities
How does the cookie affect 3D & 2D Models?
It is essential to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to download or view 2D/3D Models on the WDS website. You must first register for free to access 3D/2D Model on the website to allow you access to both facilities